Unit 149 Auxiliary News
- Thanksgiving Dinner at Post 149 $6.00 All You Can Eat 11/22 – 1 pm – 4 pm
- Auxiliary Officers 2018-2019
- Congratulations to our 2018 Essay Winners
- 2018 Girls State
- Donation for the Rehabilitation Treatment Incentive Program
The Unit 149 Auxiliary meeting is held on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 6 pm in the conference room at Post 149 in Escondido, California.
Follow us on Facebook
What We Do
American Legion Auxiliary (ALA) members and volunteers step up to advance our mission of service to veterans, military and their families!
This past year, American Legion Auxiliary members’ volunteer service of more than 40 million hours plus $37 million raised and spent on mission outreach has a collective value of $1.7 billion in service to veterans, military children and communities!
Over the years, The American Legion Family has influenced considerable social change in America, won hundreds of benefits for veterans, helped military families through transition and produced many important programs for our country’s youth.
Today, ALA members across the country are helping military families cope with the effects of multiple deployments. The toll on our all-volunteer force and their families has been enormous. The Auxiliary’s efforts are focused in three primary areas:
- Veterans/Military Support & Advocacy
- Family Support
- Youth Development
In the spirit of Service, Not Self, the mission of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion and to honor the sacrifice of those who serve by enhancing the lives of our veterans, military, and their families, both at home and abroad. For God and Country, we advocate for veterans, educate our citizens, mentor youth, and promote patriotism, good citizenship, peace, and security.
The vision of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion while becoming the premier service organization and foundation of every community providing support for our veterans, our military, and their families by shaping a positive future in an atmosphere of fellowship, patriotism, peace, and security.
In fulfillment of our Mission, the American Legion Auxiliary adheres to the following purposes:
- To support and advocate for veterans, active military and their families
- To support the initiatives and programs of The American Legion
- To foster patriotism and responsible citizenship
- To award scholarships and promote quality education and literacy
- To provide educational and leadership opportunities that uphold the ideals of freedom and democracy and encourage good citizenship and patriotism in government
- To increase our capacity to deliver our Mission by providing meaningful volunteer opportunities within our communities
- To empower our membership to achieve personal fulfillment through Service Not Self Values
Our statement of values is predicated on the founding purposes:
- Commitment to the four founding principles: Justice, Freedom, Democracy, Loyalty
- Service to God, our country, its veterans, and their families
- Tradition of patriotism and citizenship
- Personal integrity and family values
- Respect for the uniqueness of individual members
- Truthful open communication in dealing with the public and our members
- Adherence to the adopted policies and rules